The Dodge Company is seeking a Purchasing Coordinator to join our team in Billerica, MA. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a purchasing setting, a strong understanding of merchandising procedures and retail accounting, as well as strong computer skills particularly with Microsoft Office and centralized merchandise/inventory management systems.
· Accurately complete placement of purchase orders
· Monitor the open order report
· Communicate with vendors regarding samples, shipping, vendor compliance, problem resolution, and RMA authorization
· Strategize, analyze, and resolve inventory issues and problems related to vendor performance
· Work in co-operation with appropriate corresponding departments on product training, invoicing, billing, and vendor terms
· Execute the department's price changes, item creation, and maintenance
· Act as a customer service liaison assisting with general merchandise questions, item status, and catalog corrections/errors
· Provide analysis of sales, turns and gross margins on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
· Participate in local vendor presentations to gain an understanding of the product and current market trends
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Problem analysis and problem solving
· Strong organizational skills
· Retail math skills
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to manage multiple projects
· Reasoning and judgement
· Team work
· Stress tolerance
Education and Experience:
· Strong computer skills
· High school diploma or equivalency
· Prior experience in a purchasing setting
We offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental, life, AD&D, short and long term disability insurance, sick time, vacation, 401(k), FSA and direct deposit.
To apply for this position, please compete a General Application for Employment and submit to Human Resources as indicated below.
As a condition of employment, we require a post-offer background check and drug test at the expense of the Company.